Tuesday 7 April 2015

What will I be doing and where will I be working?

Sadly, however much I would love to say I am going to be a Disney Princess I am not.

But believe me I am so excited and feel privileged to be representing the UK and my home town of Fleet. Go Fleet!! Woop woop!

So where will I be working?
If anyone hasn't ever been to Walt Disney World in Florida there is a park called EPCOT (which stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) and within this wonderful park there is a section called the World Showcase where there are 11 different countries represented; Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, the United States, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom and Canada.



What will I be doing?

I will be working in the UK Pavilion as a Merchandise assistant working in all the different shops.

Each shop offers an insight into UK culture.

The shops include:

The Toy Soldier - Sells toys and memorabilia usually associated with the UK such as; The Beatles, Paddington Bear, Dr Who and Downton Abbey to name a few.

The Crown and Crest - Sells Keep Calm and Carry On Merchandise, including books, shirts, cups and mugs.

Sportsman's Shoppe - Sells football team apparel, footballs, and books. Also Guinness merchandise.

The Tea Caddy - Sells Twinings Tea, teacups, teapots, and British Sweets.

UK Cart - Sells Walt Disney World Trading Pins, lanyards, Minnie and Mickey Plush toys, shot glasses and UK shirts.

*HRC - The Historical Research Centre sells coats-of-arms, swords, and other merchandise and lets you look at the history of your last name.


Also I will at times be based at Kidcot which is located in The Toy Soldier shop for the UK (Kidcot stations can be found in each country represented at the World Showcase) - This is a place designed for young children who love to colour and collect items. A complimentary Duffy the Disney Bear will be provided for children to decorate and personalise with the supplies provided at the station and children can collect stamps as they visit each country. It is also a chance for Cast Members to share insights into their culture with their guests.

*Only HRC CRP people I believe work here but it is a shop in the UK Pavilion so I thought I would mention it even if I won't ever be working in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment