Sunday 3 May 2015

What have I been doing whilst waiting to start my Magical Disney Year?

So I should start by saying I will soon have a post coming about Medical Insurance, it's something I keep putting off, because lets face it, if I'm honest I'm pretty clueless when it comes to sorting out big things like this. But I have started to finalise details now (Thanks to members of my Disney Flight Crew for asking all the relevant questions we needed to know the answers too - Mum, Dad, if you're reading this, don't worry I'll be FINE for a whole year sorting myself out I'm independent... ;P haha) and all I need to do next is call up and purchase it. I've set aside some time to sort this on a day off I've booked from work (oh don't I just know how to party ;)!) so keep your eyes peeled for that post. I'll try my best to make it a fun post because Medical Insurance is pretty dull lets be real here.

Anyway...back to the point of this post!

So whilst I'm watching my countdowns counting down until I leave, I've been filling my time (okay procrastinating from sorting out the BIG important stuff) by watching lots and lots of YouTube videos about people who have done various different Disney Programs.

I even got so addicted to one Vlogger's YouTube channel that I got my parents hooked too! So worth a special mention is Pixels and Pixie Dust YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/pixelsandpixiedust/videos. I have obviously watched every vlog on this channel. I've also noticed in the latest vlog Megan is hoping to plan a Disney trip in December so I have everything crossed this happens as I would LOVE to meet her. Her videos are so energetic, happy and enjoyable to watch that it has even inspired me to hopefully Vlog bits whilst I am out there too. I have even gone as far as purchasing Video editing software...oh yes I'm serious, picture evidence here:

All I need to do now is learn how to use it :/
Most videos that you can find on YouTube are from people who have done the DCP program which for those of you who don't know is the 'Disney College Program'. You have to a be a USA student for this program and is typically 3 months long (although you might be invited to extend your program if you're lucky). Then for internationals there is the Disney Cultural Exchange Program or the Disney Academic Exchange Program, or of course the Cultural Representative Program to name a few! 

I love watching these videos because although they aren't doing my program the only thing that is different is the job role and length of stay other than that I get to see the housing I will be in, the opportunities that are available to Disney Cast Members only and of course refreshing my memory and seeing the updated bits added since my last visit to the Disney Parks back in 2008.

I barely watch TV anymore due to this addiction but I don't see this as an issue ;)

Other things I have been doing, is talking to my wonderful Disney Flight Crew *Shout out to the July UK Arrivals, you guys rock!* we have our own private Facebook group going where we discuss all things to do with Disney, as well as share any insider knowledge we get passed on by those who are already out there on the Disney CRP, amongst planning adventures we want to do when we are there. All SUCH exciting stuff! Oh and it's only 77 days to go incase you were wondering ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment