Friday 24 July 2015

Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to Disney we go!

So the night before I left to start my magical Disney year was spent packing and unpacking, desperately trying to ensure all luggage was within the required weight limits to avoid having to pay any excess weight charges. I was one stressed out chick, I can tell you that! We had an Indian takeaway for my last meal because I had heard a good quality Indian meal is hard to find in America apparently? But we shall see. 

When leaving your family for a year it is so hard to know what to do about leaving gifts/cards. I decided in the end to personalise a plate with a message that read 'See ya real soon' a quote Mickey Mouse often says. I felt this was appropriate as it wasn't a goodbye but rather a positive note about being able to see them again in January when they come to visit me :).
I'm super proud of how this plate turned out!


Then came the morning to leave, it was really weird sitting in the car thinking I'm not going to see any of my family for 6 months! Crazy. I was dreading the goodbye bit at the Airport, but once I had seen people in my arrival group already there, all looking pretty chilled my nerves chilled out and I suddenly decided right that's it, time for goodbyes and because it was all so quick I ended up having no time to really think about it so definitely helped and I wasn't left a blubbing mess. I just tried not to look too much in my family's eyes or I probably would have been a mess.

Ready to start my magical Disney year :D
My flight was scheduled for 11:30am but we were delayed several hours and didn't end up leaving until around 2:16pm. We spent the time though at the Wetherspoons in Stansted chilling out, some people grabbed breakfast but due to the anxiety I felt I couldn't eat a thing so stuck to the good old British staple, a mug of tea!   

Ready to board the plane!
Finally time to depart, I got a window seat - yay for photography but I was sat next to two strangers and separated from the group. BUT I was in luck there was a spare seat available near my arrival group so once we were in the air I was quick to change seats. 
Let's do this!
I was also happy to change seats as my screen in front of me was broken. Now that would be okay if it was a 4 hour flight, but 9 hours...hell no! Also I really want to know why was there a penguin on my screen?

Random penguin...why?!?!




 The flight was pretty bad, I won't go into all the boring details but let's just say at one point a 15 rated film was put on that was not suitable for kids. And the screens didn't fully work, but what did was the music selection so hello Britney Spears and Annie Lennox!

The plus for the flight was the food though. I haven't had the joy of plane food for ages, so this was a nice treat.
  
Yum!


Then we arrived at last, hello Orlando, Florida!!! 
 


 And at last we arrived at our hotel!

We arrived!

 Then of course the first American meal we had was a McDonald's...no judging please :P




Watch this space for my next post about the hotel and our first full day in the US of A and a post about moving in will be coming shortly.





1 comment:

  1. I think the penguin is a Linux penguin. It's a computer system which was supposed to rival Windows

    ReplyDelete