Friday 12 June 2015

My Visa is here! It's arrived. It's real.

My VISA has arrived at last :D!! 

It's essentially just a sticker in my passport, but don't let that fool you, it's not just any old sticker, it is a US Visa sticker (*High five* if you read that last bit in your head like the M&S Food advert). It is the most important sticker I have ever owned in my life and did I parade it around the house showing anyone who cared?!?...hell yes I did! But of course I was sure to cover up the photo on it, because well...who knew having a photo taken trying to do a neutral facial expression was so hard?!? It goes against everything you know! I look like I'm about to kill someone/someone is forcing me against my will to go to Walt Disney World for a year...I kid you not the photo is terrifying and I will make sure only those who have to see it (a.k.a. US Immigration officials) are the only ones who do. It is THAT bad.

I was told my Visa would take 5 working days to be delivered, which surprisingly they stuck to. However...a word of warning to those who have yet to have their Visa's delivered to them, make sure someone is at home to sign for it. You have until 6pm on the day that they tried to deliver it (if you missed them) to arrange for next day delivery. I had missed my delivery as they delivered it when I was at work (Had I known what time they would be delivering it I would have given them my work address but alas I wasn't to know!). So my very kind Mum went online and rescheduled the delivery. However, the next day I raced back home (don't worry Mum I stuck to all speed limits....boy did I hate that 20mph road I have to drive down that day) after work hoping to have it in my hands, and to my disappointment it hadn't come. My lovely Mum had waited in all day to make sure we didn't miss the delivery again and it still hadn't arrived by 5.45pm that day :(. There was about 10 minutes left until 6pm and I desperately got up the page and dialled a contact number ready to reshedule once again but just in the nick of time I saw a white Van pull up on my drive at 5.56pm and it was my VISA!!!!! Talk about cutting it fine...but panic over my Visa was now in my hands! Woohoo, let's celebrate!



No comments:

Post a Comment