Monday 23 November 2015

First Disney Keeno Day and First Water Park

11th August - Magic Kingdom with Giss


When Giss and me realised we both had the same days off we decided to have a Disney Keeno day at Magic Kingdom. Upon arrival first on my list was to purchase some Minnie Mouse ears, I had originally thought I'd want the sequinned ones but when I tried them on I found them to be really scratchy so opted for the felted ones instead which were much comfier. Then time to pose for a quick snap with my new ears in front of the castle!!! Eeeek!

We had no real itinerary for what we wanted to go on so just casually joined lines for any rides we were in the mood to go on. We ended up going on most of the rides and I also got to meet my first Disney Princess Tiana!! I was concerned about meeting her as everyone in the line before us were children all under the age of 10, and her interactions with them were so cute. So I figured as Giss and I were older she wouldn't really interact with us much but boy was I wrong, I had so much fun talking to her about Jaffa Cakes, bacon haha  she was so much fun to meet.

Giss had to go and collect something at Epcot so we said goodbye to Magic Kingdom and hopped onto the monorail over to there, our home park.

We joined the single rider line for Test Track which was at 20 minutes, but we somehow ended up just walking on to the ride and having a car to ourselves...madness but hey I'm not complaining :P. Then after some exploring around Future world and going on some more rides we headed over to our workplace the World Showcase and had a mooch around. 

Yet again, another wonderful day in Walt Disney World.




12th August - Typhoon Lagoon


 The sun was shining, the temperature was soaring so what better than to spend a day at a water park - Typhoon Lagoon!

From memory I think this was my favourite of the Disney water parks as a child so I was keen to return, but this time with my Mexican flatmates Anilu and Giss. 

After getting ourselves a locker and finding the perfect spot to set up base, we headed on out to explore the park, and we ended up spending a lot of our time out on the lazy river - one of the best things there is as well as spending some time in the wave machine pool. It was so nice to sunbathe and relax, then on our way out of the park who should we bump into but Stitch doing a meet and greet, so of course we had to stop for a photo with him (even though if I am honest I'm not really his biggest fan - shhh!)

In the afternoon we ventured over to Coronado Springs Resort which is where Anilu had worked previously as a Concierge Cast Member, so we were able to have a guided tour around which was really cool and Anilu got to meet up with some familiar faces which was lovely. 







We finished the day by heading to Cast Connections, which is an exclusive cast member only place where you can purchase discounted merchandise. You want to take the whole shop home but your bank balance soon reminds you to calm the heck down and take control of your finances haha otherwise it would be so easy to take so much away with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment